You’ve probably heard about Kegel exercises. It is an exercise usually associated for women, but what about for men?
Research suggests these pelvic floor-strengthening exercises may help restore bladder control after prostate surgery. For men, they also help treat erectile dysfunction and prevent premature ejaculation. It can even increase the intensity of your orgasms.
Kegel exercises targets the muscles of your pelvic floor, also known as your pubococcygeal (PC) muscles.
Both men and women have PC muscles. It provides support to your pelvic organs, including your urethra, bladder, and bowel. They help hold your organs in place, which promotes good bladder control and sexual function.
When you are young, your PC muscles are usually taut and strong. However, as you age the pc muscle can become weakened and stretched. That will negatively affect your bladder control and sex life. Fortunately there is a solution because just as you can strengthen your arm or leg muscles through regular workouts, you can strengthen your PC muscles with Kegel exercises.
The Pc Muscle
The best way to find your PC muscle is to stop your urine mid-flow. The muscles you felt flex, are the PC muscles. The next time you have to urinate, start to go and then stop. If stopping your urine is difficult then you most likely have a weak pc muscle. Other signs of a weakened pc muscle includes:
- If you have premature ejaculation(You don’t last more than 2 minutes before ejaculating).
- Urine leakage when you sneeze or cough.
How to Build A Stronger PC Muscle
Strengthening your PC muscle with kegel exercises has many benefits for men. Basically there are 3 levels of Kegels exercises depending on how long you have been doing Kegels:
- Beginners:While you are urinating, try to stop the flow with a fast muscle contraction. Try to keep your abdomen and thigh muscles relaxed and focus only on the Pelvic muscles. Hold it for 2-3 seconds, then release. Do it for 10 times a day, 3 to 4 times a week. Don’t overdo the starting and stopping your urine stream kegel exercise. Some doctors think this could cause a bladder infection
- Intermediate: Next step for men is to practice while having an erection! One of the best ways to perform this is while watching an x-rated movie. When aroused your penis will tense and you may hear a click sound. The click is the sound from the PC muscle tensing up. It is important to take your time while watching the movie and not aiming to tense too much as this can lead to ejaculation. The purpose is to avoid that…by simply getting the penis used to being relaxed while at an erect state will do wonders in improving your stamina. It is good to aim for 10 minutes the max as you build yourself up. Try this 3 to 4 times per week.
- Advanced: You do not need anymore help. Have fun and do your Kegel exercises while having sex with your partner if your are open to it. The male gets an erection and penetrates the female, then he flexes her PC muscles, and then she flexes,and then he flexes back, and so on a so on.
Kegel exercises will improve blood flow, which leads to an increase in the size of your erection. It will definitely be more than one way to please your partner. You will experience stronger or multiple orgasms as well. There are also stretching and jelq techniques that can be incorporated with the pc flex exercise for improving penis health.