This post on ways to live a healthy lifestyle will detail how diet, exercise and relationships can effect your overall health.
Living a healthy lifestyle equates to more than just exercise and diet.
When it comes to food and exercise it’s important to understand your body is your temple and treating it as such.
However, external factors such as relationships can have a positive or negative impact on your health as well.
Of course exercising is something most people dread doing, but what if that’s how you feel regarding being around someone.
Strenuous exercise such as weight lifting and running may break down your body over time, and toxic relationships can cause a deterioration in your mental health.
To build yourself up, you might have to take a different approach in the things that might be breaking you down.
Instead of going through exercises fast by focusing on how many reps you do, focus on time under tension.
Instead of staying in a toxic relationship, ask yourself if you will ever commit to that person and if you see yourself being happy if you do.
I will start off mainly with how to improve health through exercising and things we should not consume in our diet.
If you are an aspiring bodybuilder or marathon runner then this article may not be for you.
If you want to know the best way to stay healthy and maintain peak endurance and strength without weights or the treadmill, then keep reading.
Exercising By Combining Yoga with Calisthenics
Exercises like this can be performed simultaneously. When doing Yoga and focusing on breathing, you essentially build your endurance better than you would be running. By focusing on your breathing and implementing some yoga poses while you perform push-ups or planks, you will be building strength and endurance at the same time.
When doing this exercise, aim for holding yourself up for 2-3 minutes straight if you are a beginner,3- 6 minutes straight if you are intermediate, and 10 minutes or more if you are more fit.
Of course, you don’t hold yourself up in one position during the period of time. This is about focusing on your inner strength and listening to your body by adjusting into positions that feel good for you.
To give a better understanding of how it’s done, I will provide picture images of different poses to perform.
Start with a Plank
A plank is a simple way of holding yourself up in a position before doing a push-up. Depending on how your body feels, you can start doing push-ups immediately, but the point is to hold yourself up for a period of time. Do not exhaust yourself as the point of the exercise is to combine yoga poses with push-ups and planks. When I’m going through the motions or targeting my core, I sometimes get through this exercise and do 2 strong push-ups within 10 minutes of holding myself up.
While holding yourself in this position, focus on breathing through your nose. As a matter of fact, for this whole exercise, you want to just breathe through your nose. Holding yourself in a plank position builds strength in the arms and tones the stomach as it burns more calories when done every day compared to other core exercises like situps.
Planks are actually an important pose in many yoga routines. I will not say how long you should do this as this is about listening to what your body tells you and adjusting to different positions to make getting through it easier.
Adjustment Yoga Pose 1 and 2
There is no specific order in which you need to adjust. Do what your body tells you is best for you.
Pose 1-Downward Dog
Focus on breathing through your nose and hold yourself in this position until you are ready to adjust to another. You will immediately feel goodness rushing to your brains. A list of benefits from this pose includes the following.
- Calms the brain and helps relieve stress and mild depression.
- Energizes the body.
- Stretches the shoulders, hamstrings, calves, arches, and hands.
- Strengthens the arms and legs.
- Helps relieve symptoms of menopause.
- Relieves menstrual discomfort when done with head supported
- Helps prevent osteoporosis.
Pose 2-Upward Dog
Continue to Focus on Your Breathing. At this point, you may feel a good feeling in your heart that is hard to explain. Nonetheless, getting through the exercise and advancing will eventually give you that feeling in your heart that is hard to explain. Remember though, when exercising you should always want to build your heart as it should be the strongest muscle in your body.
Benefits of this pose includes the following:
- Improves posture.
- Strengthens the spine, arms, wrists.
- Stretches chest and lungs, shoulders, and abdomen.
- Firms the buttocks.
- Stimulates abdominal organs.
- Helps relieve mild depression, fatigue, and sciatica.
- Therapeutic for asthma.
If you can muster the energy, try to get in as many pushups as possible before adjusting in a yoga position of choice. Hold yourself up and adjust yoga poses until you get to the amount of time you set forth for completing the exercise. In doing three sets, I might start out at 10 minutes or more and then go down to 8 and 7. If you don’t have much time, focus on getting one set done throughout the day.
For Push Ups, I incorporate a variety of different ways in doing push ups after warming up with the yoga poses.
Hold yourself in position as long as it feels good while breathing through your nose and move your feet up and down before pulling back up. Adjust to a yoga pose or plank when you tire from doing this.
Underhand Push Ups
Underhand push up will target the upper chest when done correctly. If your shoulders are rolled forward, you will be targeting anterior deltoids more so than the chest. Adjust to a yoga pose or plank when you tire from doing this.
Knuckle Push ups
Perfected by boxers and martial artists, fist or knuckle pushups is a great way to strengthen your wrists along with reaping the benefits of a classic pushup. In this routine, By supporting the upper body on the knuckles rather than the palms, you will add strength to the knuckle and improve punching efficiency. Focus on breathing through your nose before pushing back up. Adjust to a yoga pose or plank when you tire from doing this.
Triangle Push Ups
The ultimate push up is the triangle push up as it targets your full chest. Your triceps will be strong and your front deltoids will be strong. While doing this exercise, you can hold yourself up in plank position instead of doing a full push up if you are not ready for this.
Push Ups with one Leg Up
You must have proper stability from your feet all the way up to your head in order to complete this challenging variation of the push-up. Begin in the plank position and try getting one done in the span of time for completing this exercise if possible.
These variations of pushups don’t need to be included all in one set. You should adjust and do what feels best. For working on strength to do push-ups with one hand, hold yourself in a plank position with one hand for as long as you can before adjusting to a yoga pose, normal plank or push up.
Instead of going through a list of foods that are healthy, I will simply point out two of the most unhealthy foods I consumed in my life that is part of some people’s everyday diet. I eat relatively healthy and do not consume these two things as much anymore.
1. Soda– It is a simple fact that soda is unhealthy and filled with a bunch of empty calories. One-third of Americans consume at least one sugar-sweetened beverage every day, according to the CDC. Should it be any surprise that one-third of adults are also considered to be obese?
The combination of sugar, chemicals, and carbonation in sodas can wreak havoc on more than just your waistline. Soda increases the risk of becoming Pre-Diabetic and acquiring Type 2 Diabetes.
Your Body Ages Prematurely and your skin may break out. Your Sperm Count Goes Down and it also decreases a female’s chances of getting pregnant. Your Kidneys May Stop Functioning Well or you Might Have a Heart Attack. Heart disease is the leading cause of death in adults in America, accounting for 610,000 lives a year, according to the CDC. When thinking about your health regarding bad habits such as smoking or not exercising, drinking soda should also be included. Having one 12-ounce soda a day raises your risk of a heart attack by 20%, according to a study published in the American Heart Association journal Circulation.
Other negative effects of drinking soda is tooth decay as the sugar consumed by drinking soda is horrible for your pearly whites.
While this may be rare, heavy soda consumption is believed to increase your chances of catching asthma, and although your bones naturally become more brittle as you age, drinking soda can worsen the problem. According to a study published in The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, certain soft drinks make your bones weaker.
2. Ramen Noodles-Although there are some nutrients that are beneficial such as iron, B vitamins, and manganese, it lacks plenty of key nutrients like fiber, protein, and other vitamins and minerals. While eating this every now and then will not have a negative impact on your health, overconsumption can have adverse effects on one’s metabolism. The chances of Ramen Noodles effecting metabolism is a more concerning issue for women.
Studies suggest that women who eat instant noodles two or more times a week are 68% more likely to develop a higher risk of metabolic syndrome, no matter how healthy they eat or how physically active they are.
Doctors believe that the saturated fats, processed ingredients in the ramen noodles, and the high sodium levels in the packets contribute to high blood pressure, high blood sugar levels, and an increased risk of stroke, diabetes, and heart disease.
How to Detoxify?
While there are plenty of supplements on the market that promises healthy weight loss, you should be cautious when investing in supplements that promises results in a short period of time. You should treat your health as something to build up over time instead of looking for a quick fix for losing the extra pounds. NutraVesta Proven is an all natural supplement with ingredients formulated to help those that want to live a healthier lifestyle
NutraVesta Proven Brief Review
- ProVen supplements are made of 100% natural ingredients
- ProVen doesn’t have ingredients meant to cause a laxative effect unlike other supplements that use laxatives to stimulate weight loss.
- ProVen does not make over the top claims about dramatically reducing weight overnight.
- ProVen is FDA approved as it adheres to their standards, meaning that customers can be assured they are taking safe, high-quality products.
As there are really no cons to taking a supplement like this, the only negative thing to mention is that this product is only available online.
Proven Plus Ingredients
1. Asian mushroom complex-Mushrooms are good for our overall health as they are high in antioxidants that lowers cholesterol levels, which is necessary for a long and healthy life.
2. Arabinoglactan– Studies suggests that adding this to your diet can increase your resistance to the common cold.
3. Beta Glucan– One of the best ingredients added to this supplement with it’s soluble fiber originating from oats and barley, the increased fiber you get from Beta Glucan helps to lose weight by increasing our feeling of fullness to avoid overeating.
4. Bioflavanoids– There has been evidence suggesting that an increased intake of bioflavonoids can help maintain or even lose weight when taken alongside a balanced, health-oriented diet.
5. Cat’s Claw– Cat’s claw is promoted as a dietary supplement for a variety of health conditions, including viral infections (such as herpes, human papilloma virus, and HIV.
6. Garlic Bulb– Garlic is beneficial to your heart‘s health and has been proven to have impacts on people with high blood sugar.
7. Grape Seed– A grape seed extract has been shown to have a positive impact on insulin levels.
8. Green tea extract– Green tea extract has a naturally occurring dose of caffeine to give you a steady boost and increase your energy throughout the day. With the ability to increase metabolism, green tea will help the process towards losing weight in a healthy manner.
9. Lycopene– Lycopene is a naturally mineral in fruits like tomatoes. Lycopene have antioxidants that can have positive impact on those who are suffering from mild heart problems.
10. Panax Ginseng-Ginseng is a potent ingredient originating from Asia. Ginseng has powerful antioxidants for improving the immune system and reducing blood sugar levels.
11. Turmeric– This powerful ingredient has antioxidants that have been proven to reduce inflammation.
12. Vitamin C and Vitamin E-Vitamin E have a positive impact in regards to skincare and it may prevent coronary heart disease, support immune function, prevent inflammation, promote eye health, and lower the risk of cancer. Vitamin C is essential for the growth, development, and repair of all body tissues as it’s involved in many body functions which include the formation of collagen, absorption of iron, the immune system, wound healing, and the maintenance of cartilage, bones, and teeth.
How Does Proven Work?
While other companies may include harmful ingredients that cause a laxative effect which might be detrimental for overall health, Proven focuses on natural ingredients full of vitamins and antioxidants.
Antioxidants are an excellent supplement to have in your diet as they help to aid your liver’s natural detoxification process. A grape seed extract has been shown to have some benefits in aiding the liver through the detoxification of certain harmful elements in the body.
ProVen also includes extra fiber in your diet which aids in weight loss because unlike other carbs it can’t be broken down and absorbed in your digestive system, meaning that you’ll feel fuller for longer as it moves through your body.
The addition of caffeine in the form of Green Tea levels can also give a steady boost of energy throughout the day to help get through daily activities or workout goals.
ProVen Side Effects
Here is a list of some possible drug interactions with some of the ingredients in ProVen to contemplate before buying.
When taken in concentrated doses, Green Tea extract may have a negative interaction with certain drugs, like Beta-Blockers.
In high concentrations, garlic can act like a blood thinner, similar to Aspirin.
In some cases, Ginseng can interfere with drugs like Warfarin.
Cat’s claw has shown some evidence of side effects such as nausea and can interact with HIV medication.
Final Thoughts On Ways To Live a Healthy Lifestyle
While the topic of discussion is on healthy lifestyle choices, it is also important to consider the role relationships play on your mental and physical health. Have you ever heard the saying that you are a product of the 10 closest people to you? The relationship you have with your partner may play the biggest role in your overall health. If you are having issues with your partner and could use a little advice:
Hope your enjoyed the article and if you have any questions or comments feel free to leave one in the section below.